What's in My Hospital Bag?


FOR BABY:
I tried to pack as light as possible for baby, because I've heard that the hospital provides most of the things he will need. Here's what am bringing:

- Diapers, just in case we need 
- Scratch mittens & socks
- A few hats, including one I handmade and this adorable knit bear hat
- A Milkbarn fox swaddle blanket
3 outfits, one in newborn size, one in size 0-3 months and one gown. All of the outfits have snaps/ zippers so it's easy to get him in and out. 





FOR MOM:

I'm a planner, so I put a ton of research in to what I will need for the hospital for myself, without overpacking. The only items not pictured are maxi pads (sadface), an outfit for going home in and my toiletries which I plan on packing at the last second! 

Nursing items
I know I am going to give breastfeeding a try, so I made sure to pack a few necessities for this, including lansinoh, nursing pads, and the boppy pillow with a slipcover.  

Recovery items
I've heard I will need a ton of Aleve, so I'm bringing that in case the hospital doesn't prescribe me anything. I've heard after a natural birth, this earth mama bottom spray is heaven sent, so I am giving it a try. I've also heard great things about the Belly Bandit, and plan on trying it out. 

Comfort items
I want to try to stay comfy in the hospital, so I plan on bringing this pajama set to feel a little more like myself. I'm also going to bring J.Crew slippers along to stay warm, and chapstick, because my friends keep telling me their lips were super dry. 





I always loved seeing what other moms-to-be packed, so I hope this helps you guys out!

Labels: